The Willi Hennig Society will support the travel of graduate students and recently graduated Ph.D. scientists who will either present an oral paper or poster to attend the XXXV Annual Meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina (October 5–8, 2016).
In previous years, up to 10 Marie Stopes and up to 5 Kurt Milton Pickett Intercontinental travel awards were available. Starting this year, the Willi Hennig Society will increase the number of awards in the event of submission of additional qualified applications. The Travel Award Committee and the WHS President will determine the number of additional awards.
Travel to Buenos Aires from within South America: Marie Stopes Travel Award not to exceed US$600 each
Travel to Buenos Aires from outside of South America (including Central America): Kurt Milton Pickett Intercontinental Travel Award not to exceed US$1,200 each
1) graduate students or recent Ph.D. graduates (<1 year post-Ph.D. at the time of the meeting)
2) presentation of either an oral paper or a poster
3) student advisor to certify current enrollment in or recent graduation (<1 year ago at the time of the meeting) from a Ph.D. program
All application materials should be e-mailed to the chair of the Student Travel Award Committee, Torsten Dikow (DikowT@si.edu), in a single PDF document. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1) CV including publications
2) itemized travel budget justifying the proposed expenses
3) abstract of oral paper or poster to be presented (1 page and not to exceed 500 words)
4) separate e-mail from advisor certifying current enrollment in graduate program or recent graduation (<1 year ago at the time of the meeting) from a Ph.D. program
May 15th, 2016 (late applications will not be considered)
The Student Travel Award Committee and the WHS President will strive to notify all applicants by May 30th, 2016.